India Economic Strategy
The strategy, led by former DFAT Secretary and High Commissioner to India, Peter Varghese, is an ambitious plan to grow the economic partnership between India and Australia out to 2035.
Full report is available at indiaeconomicstrategy.dfat.gov.au
Media release: India Economic Strategy
Watch the video link on Capturing India’s economic transformation
The Australian Trade Commission – Austrade – is the Australian Government agency that promotes trade, investment and education, and develops tourism policy and research.
Australia creates and manufactures world-class products and services across a broad range of industry sectors.
Australian products and expertise are renowned globally for high quality and innovation. The Australian Trade Commission can assist you to reduce the time and cost involved in doing business with Australia by identifying the right suppliers and strategic business partners to meet your needs. Australian expertise is available in a broad range of sectors that includes:
- Transport infrastructure – rail and road safety
- Innovation and technology – life sciences, medical technologies, tropical medicine, IT and digital economy, advanced manufacturing and future materials
- Resources and energy – mining equipment technology and services
- Premium food and agri tech – sustainable fisheries and dairy development
- Culture, heritage and tourism services – conservation and tourism interpretation
- Health – senior living and skills development
- Water and environment – industrial water management and environmental remediation
- Sports – training and eco system development
- Education and training – higher education, vocational education and training
The Australian Trade Commission can assist you in:
- Sourcing Australian products, technology, expertise and services across industry sectors
- Locating Australian suppliers and business partners – identifying and introducing you to appropriate business partners in Australia through our network
- Representing Australian companies as their agent, distributors or importers in India
- Securing an Australian franchisee
- Locating Australian partners for joint ventures, collaborations, technology transfer and investments in India
- Securing Australian accreditation and partnership opportunities in education, training, tourism, hospitality and business services
- Investing in Australia
For information on Australia's trade with India, please visit Austrade's local site for India or email [email protected].