Australian Consulate-General
Chennai, India

Lost and stolen passports

If you believe you have lost your Australian Passport, or if it has been stolen you should report this as soon as possible. You can do this:

You are required by law to report the loss or theft of your passport as soon as possible.

You need to report the theft or loss to the India Police, who will provide you with a police report. You can do this at your nearest Police station.

When you come into the Australian Consulate, please bring the police report, any identification you have with you and two passport sized photographs.

To apply for a replacement passport, you will need to use the full application form (PC8 Form) as if you are applying for a first passport and visit the Consulate in person. You cannot use the simplified renewal form. If you cannot meet the requirements for a new full-validity passport, and you need to travel urgently, you can apply for an emergency passport. Please contact us for further information.