The Direct Aid Program (DAP) provides small grants for activities that support development and strengthen communities in India. This program, funded by the Australian Government also helps build positive linkages between Australia and communities in India.
The Consulate-General in Chennai supports small-scale, sustainable development projects in the South Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and the Union Territories of Puducherry and Andaman & Nicobar Islands with grants averaging around INR 10 lakhs.
For examples of past projects funded by the Australian Consulate - General in Chennai click here.
How to apply?
Step 1: Download the application form Direct Aid Program- Application Form 2016-17
Step 2: Please send the completed application to the follwoing email address - ChennaiDAP@dfat.gov.au
Kindly note that we will not accept hard copy application forms sent by post, courier or hand delivered.
In your application, please take time to:
- Clearly explain the objectives of the project and who will benefit
- Provide a clear description of how the project will be implemented
- Detail what practical experience your organisation has in successfully implementing similar projects
- Provide a clear, itemised budget of realistic and reasonable costs
- Include contact details (including e-mail addresses) of referees and previous donors who can speak positively and knowledgably about your organisation
- Explain how you will acknowledge the source of funding (you may allocate a small amount of funding to help badge your program as Australian Government funded, e.g. stamping donated books or media outreach)
DAP applications are currently open. Applicants are encouraged to apply at the earliest. The application process will be closed once the designated amount of funding for the year is exhausted.
Useful tips to consider while applying:
Your application will be highly regarded if:
- It uses the correct application form (available in the link above)
- Clearly explains the objectives of the project
- Provides a clear, itemised budget of realistic costs
- Clearly sets out who will benefit from the project
- Is accompanied by contact details (including e-mail addresses) of referees and previous donors who can speak positively and knowledgably about your organisation.
For information about the kind of projects funded, eligibility criteria, and more click here - Direact Aid Program (DAP) FAQs